Saturday, November 16, 2013

Going to a Craft Show

Craft shows are how Michael got his start. He used to pack up his truck and head to one just about every single weekend with his fused glass and metal working. I used to do craft shows as well on my own. However, since opening the store neither Michael or I have not done a single one.

A few weeks ago we were invited by Blanchard Elementary school in Boxboro to their Holiday Shopping Night, and so we figured, why not?

So last night we packed up the car to its brim with inventory from the store, and headed over. Sara even came to help us set up.

Michael made the mistake of telling her we were going to a "show" on Friday, which she got really excited about. When she found out that Daddy meant a CRAFT show, not a show on stage she was a wee bit bummed.

But, she is such a good sport and was really into it by the time we got to the school. She even insisted on carrying some things in herself. She's a great little helper :)

As we were going through the process of unloading the boxes and boxes of items and setting up our table I kept turning to Michael and laughing. I am not exaggerating when I say that craft shows used to be a way of life. It almost felt like going back to your old elementary school or something. I probably sound crazy right now, but it's true.

I want to apologize for the lack of photos. We were so busy the whole night that I didn't even have a moment to remember to snap a photo. We had a fairly large space to ourselves, but here is one of the tables.



Honestly, I had much more fun than I thought I would. The event was really well attended and I had a fantastic time talking with so many wonderful people.

Michael even surprised me with a caramel apple cupcake break! Yum :)



Tonight we are having another artisan reception at the gallery for a mother/daughter team, Sarah and Kayla Beardslee. That means that today Michael and I will be running around preparing for that. I will be sure to let you guys know how that goes.

Happy Weekend!

-Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment